Eshtablishment Branch

How to access to Divisional Secretariat ,Four Gravets ,Galle

  • Get down at Bus Stand Galle  and proceed along the Wackwella Road  ( opposite to Police Station ,Galle) till find Hemas Hospital.  . Divisional Secretariat ,Galle is just opposite to Hemas Hospital ,Galle.

What are Numbers of Grama Niladahri Divisions

  • The Grama Niladhari Divisions in this Divisional Secretariat are identified by relevant  numbers.

Land Branch

Does the owner of the business should present himself/ herself to  the office to register a Business Name ?

  • To obtain a business registration certificate presence of  the owner of the business  is compulsory with his N.I.C.

What are the documents to be submitted to take steps in connection with deposited money in a bank and mortgaged goods of a deceased person?

  • Death certificate of a deceased person

  • Documents to prove relationship to the applicant (Birth certificates ,Marriage Certificates etc.)

  • If there are other members in the family their statement (affidavit ) to prove that they have no objection in connection with giving money to the applicant.

  • National Identity Card

What are the documents to be submitted to change a name of a Electricity bill?

  • A deed to confirm the ownership of the relevant place where the electricity supply is required

  • A letter issued by Housing Development Authority or Municipal Council to confirm the ownership.

  • National Identity Card.

Social Services Branch

How to apply for an allowance worth of Rs. 20,000/= given for pregnant mothers?

  • A pregnant mother should participate for the maternity clinic  before exceeding three months form the date of conceive   and an application could be obtained in connection with this from the Pre Childhood Development Officer of the Divisional Secretariat where your maternity  clinic is situated or form the officer who implement this program.

Who can obtain aid for Education?

  • The school going children can obtain aid for Education

How to register a Non Governmental Organization ?

  • Non Governmental Organizations which commenced before an year from the date of apply could be registered after submitting the relevant documents.

How to obtain Samurdhi benefits for new beneficiaries?

  • At present steps are not taken to select beneficiaries  and applications are accepted to take steps in the future.

What are the requirements to fulfilled to obtain Elders Aid?

  • Age should exceed 70 years at the date of apply
  • Monthly income of the family should be less than Rs.3000/=
  • Either wife or husband can apply.

Additional District Registrar’s Branch

How to obtain certified copies of Birth, Deaths or Marriage Certificates?

  • If the date and the number of the birth, marriage or death certificate is known ,a certified copy could be obtained by paying Rs.100/=to the office.
  • If the date  and the number of  the birth, marriage or death certificate is not known ,a certified copy could be obtained by paying Rs.200/ the office.
  • Birth ,Marriage and Death certificates could be obtained from Divisional Secretariat, Four Gravets ,Galle  if the  birth ,marriage or death occurred within the area of authority of this division.(from date of birth to this date) .In addition to that copies of birth , marriage and death could be obtained from this office if the birth ,marriage or death registered in any where of Sri Lanka ( if birth occurred in another country and registered in Sri Lanka) during the period from 1960 to 2016 .

How to register a birth ?

  • A normal birth could be registered form the relevant Registrar of Births of the division before exceeding 3 months from the date of birth.
  • Details to register births after exceeding three months could be obtained from Additional District Registrar.

How to make amendments to a birth certificate?

  • Submit relevant documents to the Additional District Registrar

Pension Branch

How to obtain W & OP after the death of the  Pensioner (Civil)

  • Take steps to cease the pension of the pensioner by obtaining the death certificate  of the pensioner.
  • If there is an over payment inform the bank in this connection to recover it.
  • The applicant should bring following documents
  • Original copy of the death certificate of the pensioner.
  • Original copy of the widow’s /widower’s  birth certificate
  •  Original copy of the marriage certificate
  •  A photocopy of the widow’s /widower’s  bank account
  •  A photocopy of widow’s /widower’s  N.I.C.
  •  A photocopy of the W & OP card or  W& O P Number
  •  A passport size colour photograph certified by
  •  Grama NiladhariPhotocopies of the above documents should be certified by Grama Niladhari
  •  Take steps to make W& O P after receiving  relevant documents

Reasons to cease a pension of a pensioner ?

  • Not Submitting life certificate  relevant for the year.
  • Take steps to update the pension on submitting the life certificate..

Why is the   pension cannot be paid to the heres after the death of the Widow?

  • There are no legal funds to pay any arrears or pension to the heres of the Widow after his/her death  who entitled to Widow and Orphans Pension  in terms of the Widow and Orphans Pension Act .

News & Events

Regional Disaster Operation Center

Regional Disaster Operation Center

            Regional Disaster Operation Center     ...

Opening of Southern Provincial office of  Department of Registration of Persons

Opening of Southern Provincial office of Department of Registration of Persons

Opening of Southern Provincial office of Department...

Scroll To Top